THIS ARTICLE FIRST APPEARED ON BE WELL.
These Cauliflower Steaks are so satisfying. The tahini, lemon, mint and pistachio work well together to create a punch of flavor.
For the cauliflower steaks:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
For the garnish:
- 2 Tbsp crushed pistachios
- 4 sprigs of mint, chopped
- Salt + pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°. After removing outside leaves, cut cauliflower in half from top to bottom. Cut off the rounded edges on both sides of the cauliflower to create two 1 1/2” thick “steaks.” Save the florets from each rounded side for another use.
2. Heat avocado oil over medium-heat in a skillet. Cook the two cauliflower steaks until golden brown on both sides. To be sure they don’t burn, carefully move them around in the pan to allow oil to flow under each steak.
3. Transfer skillet to oven and roast for another 10 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
4. While the cauliflower is roasting, make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Once the cauliflower is done, remove from oven. Spread some of the dressing down on two plates. Place cauliflower on top and garnish with pistachios and mint. Serve immediately.