Healthier Thai flavors. Thai food used to be a go-to for me and a set of flavors that just always sounded good. To be honest, it is the one type of cuisine I’ve truly missed since going Paleo.
Lucky for you guys though, Justin created this flavorful and vibrant sweet potato chicken pad Thai that is sure to be a new favorite. It has the Thai like flavors but with healthy sweet potato noodles, creamy cashew butter and coconut aminos instead of peanut and soy. You will love how tasty and comforting this dish is.
Do you feel tired all of the time, are you irritable, do you have digestive issues, are you often bloated (especially before bed), do feel like your head is in a fog, do you suffer from headaches or migraines, do you get cold sores often? The list goes on and on..…but if any of these symptoms sound familiar to you, I’d highly recommend doing a January Whole30. We will also being doing a January Whole30 and you can join us! We’ve designed the meal plan with shopping lists and extra resources. Doing a Whole30 is not a cure-all – in fact it is not meant to diagnose or cure anything. However, as I can share from my own journey, it can be a very transformative experience. Plus, you’ll get to eat tasty meals, similar to this Sweet Potato Chicken Pad Thai.
MY HEALTH STORY AND WHY I LOVE WHOLE30
My own journey of managing Multiple Sclerosis with diet, lifestyle and fitness has been a long, windy road. I was diagnosed 10+ years ago. Truthfully, I haven’t gotten it right every time, but I have learned A TON, and I have found what works for me – eating real food, reducing life stressors and staying active by teaching and taking barre classes.
WANT TO DO A WHOLE30 WITH US??
Are you intrigued? Are you ready to take a bold step to change your health story? It’s not too late to change the course of your health. I can speak from being in a place where I suffered from fatigue, migraines, digestive issues (among other symptoms) and was basically just going through the motions in life to finding health and creating a vibrant life. Do it for YOU this coming year!
To make your Whole30 easier we’ve put together a 30-day Meal Plan complete with weekly shopping lists, efficient make-ahead meals, flexible prep instructions and more. Our meal plan utilizes leftovers to minimize cooking time and is highly organized so all you have to do is follow the instructions. It features complete and balanced meals for the entire duration of your Whole30.
So, what do you say? Are you in?
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small cubes(about 3 breasts)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles
- 3 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
1. First, make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl or jar and whisking well. The sauce will be thick, but mix it up as much as you can to get a creamy consistency. Set aside.
2. Chop chicken as noted. Chop shallot, garlic, green onions, cilantro and cashews.
3. Turn sweet potatoes into noodles using a spiralizer.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 2 tbsp sesame oil. Once hot, add the sweet potato noodles. Toss with oil and season with a big pinch of salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender but not too soft, about 6-7 minutes. Remove and place on a plate.
5. In the same pan over medium heat, add in 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add in shallot and garlic to saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add in chicken. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
7. Next, crack the eggs into the pan. Scramble the eggs and cook for a few minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
8. Add the sweet potato noodles back in. Pour in the sauce and mix
9. Add in green onions, cilantro and cashews. Toss to mix and then serve.