Ready to get started?A Guideline to Becoming an EatLoco Vendor
Welcome to the EatLoco Farmers Markets Vendor info page. This page is designed for those considering becoming a vendor at an EatLoco market, or those who have already been accepted to one of our markets. Below, you’ll find the guidelines for applying to our markets and the answers to some of the questions we are asked most often.
EatLoco at One Loudoun
Atwater Drive, One Loudoun,
Ashburn, VA 20147
EatLoco at Brambleton
Brambleton Plaza (next to the Brambleton Library)
Brambleton, VA 20148
RE-OPENS MARCH 29TH, 2020
4 Things Required Before Being Accepted as an EatLoco Vendor
1. BE CERTAIN YOU ARE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VENDOR TYPES:
RANCH/FARM: Farm-based produce (vegetables, fruits, herbs, nursery crops), Proteins (beef, pork, chicken lamb, turkey, eggs)
VALUE-ADDED FOOD VENDORS: Coffee, teas, baked goods, jams, jellies, apple butter, granola, etc.
FOOD PREPARED ON SITE: Intended for immediate consumption (i.e. food trucks, etc.)
ARTISAN CRAFT VENDORS: Hand-crafted (non-food) items made by the vendor
COMMERCIAL/NON-PROFIT: Companies interested in setting up a tent to promote their company or product
OTHER: If you don’t fall into any of these categories, please contact us at email@example.com to see if you can still fit you in
2. YOUR APPLICATION
The very first step for all potential vendors is to fill out the above application with information as it pertains to your business. This will give us a better idea if you are a good fit for us, and we for you. Select all the markets in which you would like to participate and choose the dates you would like to attend. Lastly, read the Vendor Handbook inside Manage My Market carefully, as it defines our policies thoroughly.
3. YOUR $45 ADMIN FEE
CLICK HERE TO PAY YOUR SEASONAL $45 ADMIN FEE
This admin fee is due for each market and for each season. This admin fee is needed prior to processing your application and to keep your card on file for billing purposes. Once this is paid, we can begin the approval process for your application. Your credit card will be use for future market fees (weekly or drop-in).
4. INSURANCE: (with EatLoco listed on it)
You must provide a 1 Million Dollar COI (certificate of Insurance) through your insurance company. EatLoco must be listed as a Certificate Holder to participate in any of our markets. One policy covers all our markets. Upload COI form to your Manage My Market profile. Click here for the Vendor Feedback Form.
This is what needs to be listed on the policy
525-K East Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176
What you need to sell food at an EatLoco Market
VDAC AND/OR DEPT. OF HEALTH COMPLIANT
If you are a farmer, a food producer, or sell any type of prepared food (in a kitchen or at the market), please be sure to have all your necessary certificates, licenses and permits ahead of time with either the department of Health or VDAC.
• VA Dept. of Health phone number: 804-864-7056
• VDAC phone number: 804-786-3520
PREPARED FOOD PERMITS REQUIRED.
All Prepared Food Vendors in Loudoun County must have one of the following Department of Health Permits in order to sell freshly prepared food at a farmers market. All Health Department and/or VDAC permits MUST BE DISPLAYED AT THE MARKET EACH WEEK AT YOUR TENT.
Certain exemptions apply. To find out more information about these permits and about general food vending in Loudoun County, please visit the Department of Health Website. Prepared food vendors must display their permit every week at the market where it can be easily seen by the public, NO EXCEPTIONS. Failure to comply could result in your removal from the market.
Fire Marshall Regulations
1. Any vendor cooking under his/her tent (even samples), MUST display (have out in the open) a working and up-to-date Fire Extinguisher. Any vendor cooking food or samples NOT displaying a Fire Extinguisher, will not be allowed to cook at the market.
2. The Fire Marshal has insisted that any cooking at the market be done OUTSIDE your tent (prevents grease buildup under the tent than can cause a fire). This trumps anything contrary you have heard from the Health Department. However, the Health Dept. does require your FOOD be stored UNDER the tent (away from bird droppings, etc).
3. Any vendor that is cooking under his/her tent, MUST display a NO SMOKING SIGN. These can be purchased at Home Depot or Amazon. Any vendor not displaying a NO SMOKING SIGN, will be asked to leave the market.